Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > USA Cars > there are no obd 1 vehicle selection opt...
there are no obd 1 vehicle selection options but our kits came with obd1 connectors. what am i missing?

2994 Views 5 Replies Latest reply: 2015-11-21 03:22:31

•   Level 2   
    (11) points
    brian
    2015-11-18 22:18:34
     no obd 1 vehicle selection options. any advise would be greatly appreciated.

•   Level 10   
    (10965) points
    Autel Support

2015-11-19 02:16:55 (Reply to:brian)

Hi, kindly be noted that Maxisys can only support cars from Year 1996 (including year 1996). Which OBD1 vehicle you was having issues on test it?

•   Level 2   
    (11) points
    brian
    2015-11-19 13:58:04
     I now see I'm not the only one who has posted about this. It is more than misleading that you have the obd1 cables for multiple vehicles in your kit. it is false advertising. the tool works well with some vehicles but you have so many obd1 cables in the box and none are supported? it seems ridiculous. your telephone customer support is also pretty terrible. i waited on hold for 20 min. yesterday before being forwarded to a voicemail box. other than these issues we are very happy with your tool ( our company owns 8).

•   Level 1   
    (6) points
    MarkBeville

2015-11-20 03:08:30 (Reply to:brian)

I have never seen where Autel has advertised covering anything previous to 1996. I have used the "OE" style diagnostics connectors many times. To offer complete coverage of vehicle 1996 and forward often the "OE" connector is required. Providing the cable adapters is not misleading. It is necessary for the tool to function properly on many makes. As the federal government forced the introduction of the OBD II connector many manufactures continued to use their proprietary connector and left limited use for the ODB II connector. So if Autel only offered the OBD II connector the tool would be very limited on Nissan's, BMW's, Toyota's from 1996 to about 2001. Thats just what I can recall I am sure there is some others out there. Reguardless of price Autel has the best complete coverage available, not to mention the price. I think as you use the tool more you will be very satisfied with it. We have an old snap on scanner for models previous older that '96.  Picked it up in a pawn shop for $400 bucks. Also, most of the older ones you can jumper a couple of wires at the dlc and it will flash the code for you. If I can help any more message me.

-Mark

•   Level 2   
    (11) points
    brian
    2015-11-20 13:11:45 (Reply to:MarkBeville)
     sorry to offend you mark,
    we are familiar with the tools obd2 functions and that is not what i was concerned with. maybe you can explain what the purpose of having a gm obd1 connector in the kit is for? i'm missing it. in 96 gm went to the 16 pin . its great your able to use the toyota obd1

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2015-11-21 03:22:31 (Reply to:brian)

I'm not all that  crazy about having to hook up the old OBD 1 style connectors on the older OBD 2 model year cars that still required using the old proprietary connectors  if you want to access more than Generic OBD2 functions and access the other modules of the vehicle.
  Total1 Pages